Thursday, July 5, 2012

Obsessed with OCC! Yea, you know me...

So, I've been a little delinquent on my posting, but I started a new job that I can't wait to tell everyone about, but first let's get down to the business of beauty. 


About 6 months ago my beauty expert mom asked me to go check out a line for her up here in NYC. She told me that someone had raved to her about this product called Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, which neither of us had heard of. Fortunately, they have a flagship store way down in LES, and it seriously took me 6 months to get there, and oh how I wish I hadn't waited so long! 


The name Lip Tar really makes you think of some thick, tacky, gunky lip stain that might be too aggressive, but on contraire, it is a feather-weight, satin lip stain that lasts through Starbucks, lunch, mid-afternoon and then you may or may not need a touch up before happy hour. What I also love about it is that it doesn't dry your lips out like most other long-wear lipsticks, nor does it feather past the lips if you use the right amount. Did I mention that it is also 100% Vegan? 


The only negative is that I'm not crazy about the packaging. The names aren't on the tubes, so it's really hard to re-order the colors online that you've already bought. I wish they had an applicator tip, so you will have to apply with a lipstick brush. Caution, the tiniest dot goes a loooooong way. Feel free to put a clear gloss over it if you are more into the shiny look. You can also mix the many different colors to perfect your very own! 


Below are some of colors I have been experimenting with lately... Radiate, Demure, and Queen. 





They have some pretty bold colors, which ones would you try?

No comments:

Post a Comment